The City and County of Swansea Council (the Council) welcomes the introduction this year of Flexible Eligibility and intends to utilise it for the purposes of reducing fuel poverty within the county. The Council has worked for many years to improve homes across Swansea most recently on the improvement of energy efficiency and reduction in fuel poverty and are partnering with City Energy to deliver energy efficiency measure to residents in the Swansea City Council area.
What is flexible eligibility? Local Authorities working with Energy suppliers obligated under ECO have the opportunity to extend eligibility criteria for energy efficiency measures to households not covered by existing schemes of support.
This eligibility is only available for private owner occupiers and private rented tenants.
If you can answer yes to any of the questions below you could possibly qualify
- Are you in a property with an EPC of D, E, F or G rating
- Are you in a property that is hard to heat
- Do you have electric heating
- Do you have a household income of less than £36,400
- Are you over 70
- Are you in private rented accommodation
- Do you have any type of health condition